Sunday, December 20, 2009

Abbreviations Explained!!!

I thought it may be helpful to explain the abbreviations that you may see listed in my text. B/c my mind is like a sieve these days, it will be a helpful reminder to me!!

CCAA= China China Centre for Adoption Affairs
BCS= Bethany Christian Services


BB= Bulletin Board
BIL= Brother-in-Law
DH= Dear or Darling Husband
DW= Dear or Darling Wife
DS= Dear or Darling Son
DD= Dear or Darling Daughter
FIL= Father-in-Law
MIL= Mother-in_law
SIL= Sister-in-Law


BTW= By The Way
FWIW= For What It's Worth
FYI= For Your Information
IMHO= In My Humble Opinion
ITA= In Total Agreement
LOL= Laugh Out Loud
OT= Off Topic
OTOH= On The Other Hand
ROFL= Rolling On the Floor Laughing
SIL= Sister-in-Law
TIA= Thanks In Advance
TTYL= Talk To You Later
TTYS= Talk To You Soon
TY= Thank You


ACR= Age of Child Requested
COP= Children of Promise
DOA= Date of Adoption
DOB= Date of Birth
DOR= Date of Referral
DOT= Date of Travel
DTC= Dossier to China
HS= Home Study
LID= Log In Date
LOI= Letter of Intent
LOA= Letter of Acceptance
NSN= Non Special Needs
PA= Pre Approval
SN= Special Needs
SW= Social Worker
SWI= Social Welfare Institution
TA= Travel Approval


BCIS = Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
I-600= Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative
I-600A= Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition
I-171H= US federal approval to adopt foreign-born child
I-797= The document gradually replacing the I-171H

No comments: