Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Birthday

Well, another birthday has passed! I'm forty-two years old...and ready to be a new mom all over again. Darcie had a surprise birthday party for me last Saturday night with ladies from our care group. We had a wonderful time sitting and visiting, sharing fun stories amid many of my favorite foods~ chocolate and peanut butter!

On Sunday after church, Debra and Todd organized a luncheon to honor my birthday, so many friends and family, about 40 in all, descended on our home from 12pm to 11pm. I was so blessed by my girlfriends coming early to clean and decorate before Todd and I arrived home from our weekend away in DC. Todd took me to the Marriott on PA Avenue, complete with a Marriott dinner and a horse drawn carriage ride on Friday evening. Early Saturday morning, we walked the mall for 2 hours, viewing all the monuments and reading war memorials. Then it was off to Starbucks for a mocha, raspberry coffer and raspberry scone. Wow, was that good together!!! I can't believe God has blessed me with an amazing husband like Todd. He is always thinking and caring for my heart, wants and needs. I love him more each day!

2 comments:

Debra Ann said...

I am so grateful to have you (& your family) in my life. What a gracious God we serve (if you can even call it serving) I can't wait to see what life will bring with your third child and how God will use Sophie Rose in all our lives just as he does Shane and Ellie!

Reggie said...

Most women from Chambersburg say that about their studly husbands from York :) (and I'm talkin' major stud muffins)