Monday, July 16, 2007

News from China

Saturday, we received our first correspondance from China~ our petition for immigration was accepted. They sent it May 15 and we received it July 13...almost 2 months later. I'm hoping it means that we already have a LID, but just haven't heard yet!
This week, we will be trying our hand at young children again. Nathan and Cora Heck will be staying with us while the rest of their family travel to Minnesota for more testing for Ian, their brother. Ellie and Shane were very excited to serve the 3 and 4 year old and are currently in the basement playing Barbie and race cars. Shane wrote 6 year old Ian an encouraging letter including Scripture for his airplane goodie bag. He is learning so much about serving younger children b/c the teenagers at SG take an interest in him by talking and playing with him. God's grace is beginning to be evident in his life!!!
I finished Ellie's room this past weekend, what an undertaking! I only have some last details to finally complete the entire project. We want to put her profile on one of the circles with her initials under it. I'd like to have it done by my birthday party this weekend, so she can show her friends. I can't believe my oldest daughter is almost 15 and my youngest may not even be born yet!!!
Well, I"m off to play Barbie and race cars! I'm continuing to learn to die to myself...an impossible task without God's grace!

No comments: