Friday, April 23, 2010

Still Waiting

Another month has gone by ( 3 now) and we still await our formal paperwork from China. Of the twelve families out of eighty-one, 4 of them received it two weeks ago.

While I'm thrilled and excited for these families and for those who will travel in the next month or two, I'm also tempted to discouragement.


I know the truth~ God is completely in control of life and death and everything in between. I know that I can trust Him as I wait. I know I will go to China this year. I know God allows this trial for the purpose of me growing to look more like Christ. I know my "suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character and character produces hope and my hope is in Christ"......but honestly,


I don't want to believe it anymore....I just want the easy way out. I want my way, not Gods! Even as I type those words, I see my sin of idolatry~ I am ripping the rightful crown off God's mighty, all powerful head.

And so...I repent. I see my sin....maybe not to the degree and as clearly that God sees it, but I am seeing it and for that I'm grateful.

These are the constant dwellings of my heart and mind. Others are reminding me of God's ultimate plan~ serving me, gently redirecting me and praying for me. It's what I must do not to sin against a holy, righteous God as I long for my Sophie Rose in my arms.

In the end, it won't be just the finish line that will count to me or to God, it will be how I walked in faith each step of the way.

Blessed beyond measure~ Shari

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to the Lord. Trust Him and He will act." Psalm 37: 4-7.

1 comment:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I was just wondering about you! Hang in there! Gods timing is perfect! Enjoy being a MOm to two for a bit longer, take a nap, read a book (that is not written by Dr. Suess) your time is coming quickly! I know easy for me to say huh? Praying for quick travels for you!