Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day Miracle

I received my Mother's Day Miracle on the Thursday before Mother's Day - Sophie's long awaited referral from China.

Much of it was 4 years old so we requested updated information on her medical, social and educational status. I got it yesterday and it was all in CHINESE!!! What a tease!!! So we wait awhile longer, but I don't care.

Our LOI should be in China now and we're waiting to get back a letter of acceptance. After we receive that ( hopefully by the end of June)it could be only 3 weeks till we travel to get our Xueqin- pronounced Sheo-chin. She said that she wants to be called her Chinese name, so I'm practicing calling her for dinner from the kitchen~ "Sheochin, please come for dinner!!!" It feels weird, but I'll get used to it.

We found out that she is 40lbs and 44 inches tall~ about the size of an average 5 year old. She speaks and understands some English and does double digit addition/subtraction! I'm going to have a "little miss smarty pants" on my hands! I can't wait!!!

There's a lot more that has happened that I can't tell about yet; it is a major work of God, but it will have to wait for another time and post!

Life goes on at the Bentzel home~ Ellie got a job at the Home and School Connection Store, TOG classes are over and summer begins. I'm nesting~ preparing the house, buying clothes, talking to the bank about our HUGE w/drawl to go to China...many things to do...all with a big Mamma smile~ grateful to an AWESOME God!

2 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I am so glad it is your time! Old kids are amazing! It won't be long until you are with your sweet girl!

Shepherd's Loft said...

Shari, We continue to pray for your family and Xueqin, and have faith that God will make all things right for all of you. I am glad to hear Xueqin gets to choose her name. Her life will be so changed by being in your loving family. Still, I would think she would want to retain that part of her self-identity. May God continue to bless you as you move ahead in this amazing endeavor.