Sunday, October 31, 2010

Babies and Mamas

All, except Todd, were sick this past week.

Sophie started w/ a fever, sore throat, headache and body aches.


Ellie followed w/ mono and Shane and I picked up the slack w/ a nasty virus.


We had lots of snuggle time~ 7-Up and Saltines along w/ Yatzee and Chutes and Ladders in Mama's water bed.


Many memories were made.


One fun thing we did was to watch the video of the day Ellie, age 3, first visited Shane in the hospital 15 years ago after his birth.

It was the first home video Sophie has seen of the two big kids.


She was glued to the TV taking in all the sights and sounds.


During the same week, she watched a short kid's video where Mary gave birth to Jesus ( not graphic) and she also played w/ a pregnant Barbie. ( She has a magnetic tummy holding a baby inside and can give birth via taking off the tummy....)


All this proceeded to get the wheels in Sophie's mind turning about babies and Mamas.


Saturday morning, Todd and I lay in bed trying to sleep in when "Little Miss" slipped into bed beside me and headed under the covers.


She put her head under my night shirt and lay there.


She whispered, "Mama, say 'EEEEEhhhh!"

I could see where this was heading! :) 


I pretended a quick birth ( nothing like my own!) and out popped baby Sophie.


She lay curled up beside me, sucking her thumb and whimpered softly as she has seen Shane do in the hospital video.


I scrambled to remember the exact words I had said because she doesn't miss ANY details!


"Oh, look at him ( her)!

Isn't he ( she) beautiful!

Ten little fingers and ten little perfect toes.  

Look at his ( her) beautifully shaped head and blonde ( black)  hair. 

My precious little boy, Shane Allen ( girl, Sophie Rose) whom I love so much!"


Our 'game' continued w/ Sophie being "born" in my tummy a half dozen times and then me being born from Sophie's tummy a time or two....What a new mama will do!


After awhile, she commented that Ellie wasn't born from my tummy ( b/c she didn't see our baby Ellie video, I guess); I cautiously said that she was and she pondered that for a couple minutes.


Then she said, "Sophie not born from Mama's tummy."


I said, "No, you were born in your China mommy's tummy ( our very first introduction to China mommy) and God brought you from China to here to Mama and Baba."


Silence....


"Sophie eat."


I guess her little brain had enough to contemplate for one Saturday morning.


To be continued.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...this sweet girl is doing GREAT!!! Have I even told you that Maddie performed a "C-section" on my right after we got home. We have NO IDEA how she knew this....strange.

I think this sounds like a wonderful bonding moment and really speaks to how well your sweet girl is doing. God does give us the girl He planned for us....PRAISING HIM this morning

Love, Heather

Pam said...

Wait till she's the video of you nursing!!!! We have had many experiences like this and I treasure each one. I am so glad she seems to be doing so well!