Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Jesus blue?"

We've been talking to Sophie every day about Jesus and the other day, she and Ellie saw the children's version of the Jesus film.


Excitedly, she and ran to me following the movie and said incredulously, "Jesus died....3 days (holding up 3 fingers) and up!"( pointing toward heaven.) "Yes!" I replied!


Tonight after praying at bedtime, she said, "Jesus" and slitted her neck as if to die.


 I said, "Yes, Jesus died, but after 3 days He came alive again and lives in heaven."


She said, "No see Jesus."


 "That's right," I said, "we can't see him right now b/c he lives in heaven."


........pause......


"What color is Jesus?"


 I smiled, in the dark. "Well, we really don't know."


 "Is he white?" she said as she touched my face.


 "Probably not," I said.


" He could be yellow, like you," I said as I stroked her face.


"Actually, he's probably black or dark brown."


....Pause.....


"Is Jesus blue?" she whispered.


 I  burst in to hysterics as she covered my mouth and laughed beside me!


 "Ssshhhhh Mama! Listen to Jesus."


"Jesus hear Sophie?"she asked.


"Oh, yes, honey!"


So we lay quietly, listening, and she drifted off to dreamland.






"Dear Jesus~ Thank you for my inquisitive ,precious, little girl who is curious about You.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

So sweet! Asha is really into looking through my art books at sculptures of Jesus. She likes to touch his "owie boo-boos" and kiss them to make them better. She wants to talk about Jesus all the time. I love it.