Thursday, July 28, 2011

Garden Tomatos and Nightime Chatter

First harvest from our garden!


Sophie's favorite time is bed time and most nights she starts out~

"Can we talk??"


The following is a peek into our conversations: (Individual conversations are marked by different colored font.)

Sophie~ "When we're in heaven, does Jesus make us a new house and do we get our own room or do we share it with Jesus?

Mom~ "Well, I'm not sure." But I know it will be the best house for us because Jesus made it!" 

Sophie~ "Will Jesus watch us sleep?"

Mom~ "Well, I'm not sure. ( See a pattern here? Ha!) We may not need to sleep."

Sophie~ "That's weird.....(new topic) What can I take to heaven? 

Mom~ "Nothing, God will give you everything you need there."

Sophie~ "Can I take my Barbie's?"

Mom~ " No, you can't take anything with you, but if God thinks you need Barbie's, they'll be there! 

Sophie~ "I'm taking this with me  (pulling out her brother's laser pointer from under the covers) and I'm going to stick it in my mouth and sneak into heaven......(new topic).....Who takes us to heaven?

Mom~ "Well, I'm not sure...but I know that your body stays here." ( I DO KNOW that for sure!)

Sophie~ "Why does your body stay here and only your soul go to heaven?"

Mom~ " ...Cuz God said so!" ( Good grief! LOL) Okay, any last questions?"

Sophie~ "Yea, just one....why didn't God die on the cross....why did it have to be Jesus?" 

Mom~ "Because God is the Father and Jesus is the Son...we'll talk more about that another night." 


Prayers, and routine exit elongated good-byes~ "Night!... Love you! ....Special!" ( blowing kisses, catching kisses, holding kisses to our hearts, sign language "I love you."...okay, I can still multi task at bed time...thank you, Lord.)


(From my reading in The Joy of Fearing God, by Jerry Bridges to answer why Jesus died instead of God:)


"It was the Father who sent the Son. We must not overlook the love of God the Son, however.  John said, " This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us" ( 1John 3:16) Though the Father sent the  Son, the Son came willingly, voluntarily. though He is indeed God, the second person of the Trinity, He took upon Himself our nature and suffered in our place on the cross because of His love for us."



Just recently, as we snuggled while watching a movie, she kissed me, and said~ " I love you mom." 

I kissed her back and she gently whispered, " I'll keep your kiss forever in my heart. I'm so glad I'm your daughter." 

I have always said to her, " I'm so glad I'm your mommy and this was the first time she echoed the sentiment!

No comments: