Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflecting on our first year together

My Mamma's heart is so encouraged tonight ~ encouraged at God's faithfulness to our family, encouraged and reminded daily that His love is everlasting, steadfast and true, and encouraged that I can have a new 8 year old at 46 and can keep up with her most days!!!! 

Last year tonight, Sept. 10, 2010, we were flying home to the USA  with our new daughter! 


The 3 long years we waited have melted into the past and my days are consumed with love, joy and teaching this very smart Missy how to love the Lord with all her heart, soul, and mind.


 We celebrated our Family Day~ the day we met Sophie Rose for the first time! 

What a wild cat she was that day!

She told me that she only found out that she was going to get a family the night before. 

I understand why they do that~ they are protecting the munchkins in case something happened that we didn't come...but there was NOTHING gonna hold this mamma from FINALLY getting her girlie. 

Below is her account about that life changing day, August 25, 2010, written independently at school last week:

"Today is Family Day. The nannies told me I was going to have a  family, but I didn't know what that meant. I saw my mother, but I didn't know she was my mommy. I was scared and cried when we got in the car to leave.
In one year I've learned how to speak English, write in cursive 
( "Beautifully, I might add!" said Mom.), jump rope, ride a scooter and a 2 wheeler.  But the best thing I learned about was Jesus dying on the cross. I'm glad we're a family. I love you all."

Sophie Rose chose to eat at China Garden for Family Day followed by a trip to downtown Baker Park in Frederick and then home for dessert. 

She read the above story to our family later that evening.

So many people, when we tell them our story say, "Wow, she is so lucky!" 

 But God, in his rich mercy, planned for her to be with us from the foundation of time.  

We are the blessed ones.  

Sophie has enriched our lives daily with her lighthearted, infectious laughter, her silly pranks to her brother, and her curiosity about the Gospel! 

I'm grateful to have bore 2 children from my womb and one in my heart~ my little dancing princess~ Sophie Rose. 

" I'm so glad I'm your Mamma!"

Our dear social worker made her last home visit. We love you and are incredibly grateful for you Debbie! 


 

No comments: