Thursday, March 1, 2012

March is here!

It's hard to believe that my sweet lil Rosie is turning 9 on March 13. 

My girlfriend did a quick photo shoot last week and made this beautiful collage. 

Thanks, Juls! ( Beautiful Beginnings Photography~ check her out; she's FANTASTIC!)

I wish my words could adequately express how much I love this little girl. 

My days are brighter because she's in them. 

She doesn't care if my hair is graying and tangled and I'm dressed in my jammies. As we daily read her Bible, she often watches my face as I read to her, gently touches my cheek and whispers, " I'll always love you, Mommy!" 

Her ninth birthday reminds me of her birth mom and I wonder many things~  Does she dream about where Sophie is?  

What does she look like~ does she have an infectious smile, a quick wit, incredible intelligence, a love for music, art and animals?

 Does she love grilled peanut butter sandwiches and bananas? Is she short, but have extra long legs? 

Does she have thick, course, black, shiny hair? Does she love people?  Is she athletic? 

Is she loving and brave?

Yes... I'm convinced she has these qualities. 

Any birth mom who would love her child enough to realize she can't care for her and desire to give her a better life is both loving and brave!

Will she ever hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

Yesterday, Sophie asked if we could go back to China to swim in the Marriott pool and sleep in the beds. 

My prayer is that someday Sophie would like to relearn Chinese and go back to share the Gospel in her native tongue.

I'm so grateful the Lord has given Sophie a heart softened to Him. 

Her favorite activity is sitting down to read her Bible in the morning and evening. I asked her tonight if she wanted to read Misty of Chincoteague...."No, I'll go get my Bible." 

There is no greater joy than knowing that Sophie is learning to love God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength. 

I love you, sweet Sophie Rose~ Happy 9th Birthday


We traditionally sing to the birthday girl on the hour she was born. Because we don't know, we opted for a 7:30am sing-a-long....she liked it better this year than she did last year!!!

Sophie and Daddy went to Sight and Sound in Lancaster to see Jonah! What a treat~ A HUGE daddy/ daughter date!
Mommy :D 

1 comment: