Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1st Prayer

Sophie's bedtime prayer tonight~

" Dear Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for my sins; please help me obey you better tomorrow. Thank you for my family and friends; please heal Mommy and Ellie of Lyme disee ( how she says disease) Please forgive me for sinning against You. In Jesus Name, Amen.




Today during school, we were reviewing our time line. Magna Carta, St. Thomas Aquines, Marco Polo, The Hundred Years War, The Black Death and Joan of Arc and we came to The Great Papal Schism......

I have to continually remember that Sophie has NO pegs with which to hang any of this information on. I have to literally teach her how to even pronounce each word. ( "Con - stan - tin - o - ple" ....."Okay, now...Constan-tin-o-ple.....Constantin-o-ple" ....Constantinople"....You get the picture!)

So we continued playing this game with the time line cards and I realized that instead of saying "The Great Papal Schism" she was saying, " The Great Papa Skittles!"   Too funny!

No comments: