Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No formal referral yet

Update~ Still no formal referral on our Sophie girl yet. My social worker suggested the possibility of sending out our LOI ( see abbreviations post) to China w/o it and then if there are major issues, we'd rescind the document. ( I can't imagine that happening!!!)

All of us had our medicals updated this/last week, got our updated driving records, dog licenses and vaccination records, chatted extensively with Tempo travel agency this morning....lots of forward progress, but nothing can go to China until we get the okay from BCS.

Ellie and Shane have been sick with a nasty cold this week so they've been doing lots of sleeping giving me opportunity to get more paperwork complete and have longer quiet times in the morning.

I've been thinking a lot about self glorification (seeking my own glory instead of giving God glory) and my fear of man.

I'm meditating on Romans 12:1-2~ " I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of god, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

I know the only way to glorify God is to remember his sacrifice on the cross for the forgiveness of my sin and to renew my mind daily! A hard task, but God always provides grace when He gives a command.

With a grateful heart~

No comments: