Monday, July 12, 2010

God's continual gift of hindsight

Today in the midst of wishing we were headed for China in the next travel group next week, I'm seeing God's hand in why were NOT.

Friday, Ellie and I were working out together when we both heard a big POP! I thought she had kicked her self and I proceeded to tease her when I looked over at her writhing in pain clutching her right knee on the floor.

It immediately reminded me of when I ripped my meniscus last year.

God cut Ellie and I out of the same mold, so as we got ice on her knee, we started speculating about how she could work her 2 jobs, the upcoming youth swimming party and of course, our trip to China.

To my amazement and joy, we were both able to see good things: if we were in the August travel group, we'd be headed to China on the 30th~ lots of walking on a bum knee is NOT our idea of fun.

She was able to see how she could serve at the youth picnic as lifeguard and tried to figure out how she could babysit Hannah/Hailey next week and be the "register" person at Home and School Connection.

In keeping w/ Ellie thinking~  she thought about the benefits of potentially being in a wheel chair in China~ first boarding at the airport and saved money b/c she couldn't tour w/ us. She said she'd come and sit in the hotel and chill.

 After a trip to MMI today, the PA said that she doesn't think that Ellie tore her meniscus; she did pop her knee cap off it's sitting place causing bruising, but that only requires physical therapy, not surgery.

God continues to gift us w/ seeing our trials through 'God colored glasses', and of course, we're grateful!

No comments: