Saturday, September 25, 2010

Heritage Day Parade~ Sept. 25

I forgot to mention that Friday night ended w/ Todd and I having our first date night in over a month. Ellie and Natalia graciously watched the little Miss while we headed off to Mimi's~ on of our favorite new restaurants in Frederick.


Heritage Days were in Middletown this weekend, so the girls and I took Sophie Rose to her first parade. Not being a parade connoisseur, I sat comfortable back from the curb, but forgot to take into account the blessed candy to be thrown from the cars as they passed by. W/o a bag for candy, I wondered what Sophie would do. As the candy got tossed and kids ran for it, she looked back  at me several times, smiled and mouthed, " It's okay." Some kind moms saw what was happening and offered her some candy, then offered her a bag for her accumulating stash; lastly, they sweetly invited my Little Missy to sit on the curb so she could get her own candy. Tentatively at first, then w/ crazed fervor, she scooped up her own candy to put in her own bag. After profusely thanking the kind moms and on the way to the car, she said, " Look, Mama! Baba say~ Wow, Sophie!"

The treasured curb side seat
Waiting for the parade to begin
The Bentzel Gals
" I just got my first piece of candy!!" 

"Lovin' this parade thing, Mom!"

My two servants!

No comments: