Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tea Parties and Physicals

 Tuesday was tea party day. Sophie made "tea" for her two friends, Gwe-Gwe and Nittany, and I. Before we started, she reached out for both of my hands and looked at me, bowed her head and waited. I was a little confused, then I realized that she wanted me to pray. I tearfully said a short prayer, thanking my Amazing Savior for this wonderful girl and the excellent tea in the pot. Afterward, a  huge " AMEN" resonated from Sophie's lips. Priceless!!!!


"Dr.'s visits aren't too bad, mom!"
 Tuesday afternoon brought Sophie to the Dr. office for a full physical. She is such an amazingly resilient young girl. China's immunization schedule is different from ours, so she had to have a chicken pox booster and a Hep. A shot. Again, no tears, no flinching! What has this Little Miss been through in the last 7 years?  Dr. Tam, her Dr. spoke in her native tongue, but lately, she hasn't really wanted to "go back." I'm told this is normal, but a little strange for me. We don't want her to lose her Chinese, because she speaks it so fluently, but we'll let her set the pace for continued Chinese training. The office staff has been so wonderful and were ecstatic to finally meet Sophie Rose, as you can see below!
Sophie and John's Hopkin's nurses and office staff

Sophie and Dr. Tam

All Done!!!

No comments: