Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another of God's Provisions

Because we are staying at the Marriott in Beijing, we had to sign a disclaimer stating that our agency wasn't responsible for issues that may occur to us~ no translation or transportation help.

My heart was troubled, but DH wasn't concerned at all, so we signed and sent back the disclaimer trusting that God is paving our stay in China. I prayed for peace and provision; He again answered our prayers:

During our send off prayer in church on Sunday, my dear friend had an impression that the Holy Spirit was already in Beijing carving out our journey prior to our arrival. The picture in her mind looked much like the carving out of the Great Wall.

How wonderful to awaken today to an e-mail from a adoptive mom/friend who actually lives in Beijing and has given us her contact info; she is willing to serve us in any way while there! We may even get to worship w/ their family next Sunday!!

John 16:24, "Ask and you will receive that your joy may be full."

All glory to our living, working, loving God!

3 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Beautiful! I am so excited for you!

Debra Ann said...

I am so grateful, to God, for you, my BFF! I will be praying constantly for you the 19 days you're in China! I am so excited for you, Todd, Ellie and Shane and Sophie to finally be knit together for HIS GLORY! Can't wait to meet Sophie and hear what God has done while you're on the other side of the world; I also can't wait for the beach time together! LOVE U SO much!!!

Dan and Wendy said...

Hi Shari-
I found your blog through the Bethany forums and am so excited to follow your story. We actually met at the Older Child/Special Needs seminar back in April. You and your husband shared your story with me at the end of the seminar. My husband and I have since completed our home study and are waiting for completion of our I-800A. I can only imagine the excitement you all must be feeling as you approach the day to meet your little Sophie. Please know that I will be praying for you as you travel and asking God to protect and provide for your every need. He is faithful and worthy of all praise for bringing this sweet one to your family. May God bless you all as you welcome your new daughter/sister to your family!
Blessings,
Wendy Bynion